Monday 28 October 2013

Collect Moments by france papillon

Hi all,
It's with a sad heart that i'm writing here for the last time. To cheer this moment up a bit, a made an art journal page, with a wording that is right up to the situation me thinks ;)


I played in my mini Moleskine Sketchbook, which i use to wipe up excess paint and ink. As you can see, this page had already quite some layers: acrylic paint and several left overs from a dictionary page used for decoupage.
 I added some more turquoise acrylic and Decopatch glue to seal everything.
I stamped the Inspiration Jars: the plain one in Jet Black Archival ink on kraft cardstock colorized with Peacock Feather and Rusty Hinge Distress ink, the empty one in Black Staz'On on Wendy Vecchi's Clearly for Art. I trimmed both. I also prepared the big dragon fly from the Insects and Butterflies stamp set with Black Tuxedo Memento ink and colorized it with Copic markers.
I assembled the layers from the jars, placing the dragon fly in between them and glued it in my journal, placing it on Tim Holtz tissue tape. To glue the clear one, I used Matt Accents. I stamped a word from the Carte Postale on PaperArtsy Smoothy paper and colorized it with Vintage Photo Distress ink so that i had a label for the jars.
I added black lace on the sides and layered cambric and Tim Holtz tissue tape underneath the wording that i printed out. I stamped the little butterlfy from the Insects and Butterfly stamp set on PaperArtsy Smoothy paper and colorized it with Copic markers. To avoid having to trim too many details, i stamp the original image directly in my journal and glue the trimmed images on top of it. I also added a word from the Carte Postale set as a label on the jars and the post stamp as back ground.





That's me signing off.
 I wanted to thank you all lovely peeps here at Artistic Stamper and especially Emma and Jennie for giving me moments to collect. 

Much love,

france


18 comments:

Sobre el Arte y otras Aventuras said...

Love this project. So much depth in colours and clever use of the stamps. Cheers, Vron

Sobre el Arte y otras Aventuras said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful page France. The colours are gorgeous & I love the jars & dragonfly. Thank you for all of your wonderful projects on the AS team blog.

Helen said...

Gorgeous, France!

massofhair said...

Beautiful France, love the jarstamp it is one of my fave AS images.

Hope to see you back here very soon:-)

Clare Lloyd said...

Loving that background!

Astrid Maclean said...

Totally stunning spread!! Love how you did that jar, so clever and the words on the cambric look great too, well as does the background... hm, maybe I should just say I absolutely love this creative spread! It's been fab having you with us!!

Kay Wallace said...

Love this journal spread, France! First, as you know, I love that quote (and plan to use it in the art journal I am creating for my granddaughter). But, a close runner up is the background and that creative mason jar! What a gorgeous combination of all three! Well done!

craftytrog said...

A fabulous spread France! xxx

Corrie Herriman said...

WOnderful journal spread, love it !
Corrie x

SQ54 said...

You will be so missed. All your beautiful spreads bring me to this page! Now, I have discoveree the page, bought some wonderful products and will follow you on other cyberspace arenas. Your work is breathtaking!

Becky said...

Love the journal page France great colours.

Craftyfield said...

Such a colourful and beautiful Journal page!

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous! Great sentiment and so many little details, love it

Sid said...

What great vibrant colour on your background. Great design !

Words and Pictures said...

What a wonderful final creation, France, from the background to that fabulous jar! I will miss you and your amazing work so much!
Alison xx

Artyjen said...

Love the jar layering ;) great page
xoxo Sioux

TLC said...

This is awesome! Love it