Wednesday 15 October 2014

Memories - Journal Page

Hello Everyone, Happy Wednesday!!
Shilpa here,
Couple of days back I shared with you my new journal and how I created it's vintage cover. If you have not seen it, here is the link- Layered Journal cover

And today, I created my first journal page in it. This is inspirational project as we have 'Memories' theme for this month's challenge.


I have used 'Faces' stamps from Artistic Stamper. They have vintage look and perfect for memories journal page.

.
I had fun playing with layers and texture. I started my first layer with book pages. And next layers were - washi tapes, design paper strips, canvas strips, lace. After this, I applied white crackle texture paste through Tim Holtz Star stencil.


I applied gesso at some places and when it dried I stamped with texture stamps and Ranger black Archival Ink. Next, I spritzed inks in various red, golden and brown colors, I dried them between each layer.


I created same texture on both sides of page.


Middle part of the page has various paper layers which I created with stamping, distressing, coloring. 

here are some of the close- ups......






Hope you liked my project, do let me know your views in comments.
Don't forget to join us for our monthly challenge to win beautiful Artistic stamper stamps.

Supplies used:
Artistic stamper stamps: FacesCalligraphy Mat 13,
Tim Holtz Layering stencil - stars
From my stash Washi tapes, gauze.

10 comments:

Anneke said...

Wart a great piece of artwork. There are so many details in your background. Beautiful. Everything fits so well together. Thanks for showing Anneke.

Unknown said...

Beautiful journal page Shilpa!!! Love different textures you added and colors!!!

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Nice page Shilpa..The layers, textures and your tryst with vintage. ..love it!

Sid said...

That is a such a fab page !! Love it !

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant Shilpa! Love all the stunning layers and elements you have added! This looks fantastic!!

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

A beautiful page Shilpa, can't wait to see the other pages. Dee x

craftytrog said...

A stunning page Shilpa! Lovely textures! xxx

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous, Shilpa, such rich colours !
Corrie x

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous page, so many layers & textures. I love it.

Cocofolies said...

Woooww!!! Fabulous page Shilpa!!! I love everything on it. Coco xx