Friday 26 June 2015

Altered Art Journal Cover

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here,

I love to play in my art journal and every now and then I start new journal with different sizes. 
Today, I've altered the journal cover which had black cover, I turned it into Shabby chic.
Let's have a look...


I've used Artistic Stamper Blossoms Large stamp.


I first adhered Ranger Sticky back canvas to my art journal cover. Next I applied Spun sugar and Victorian Velvet distress paints on the surface. I dried it completely with Heat Tool. For text in the background I used  Artistic stamper Calligraphy Mat 13 and Tea Rose Archival Ink.



I created layers with Doily, Tag, lace, gauze and design paper.


At the right bottom corner I added ribbon bow and flowers.


I stamped this beautiful Blossoms large on watercolor paper with Coffee Archival ink and colored with Distress Paints and inks.

Hope you liked my today's Pink project!! Do let me know... :)

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Products used from Artistic stamper:
Debbi Cotton-  blossoms Large stamp
Calligraphy Mat 13
Ranger Sticky Back Canvas
 Distress Paints- Spun sugar, Victorian Velvet
Archival Inks- Jet black, Coffee




5 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

lovely creation in Pink Shilpa!!you have colored your focal image so beautifully !!

Barbara Rankin said...

This is beautiful, Shilpa. At first I thought it was a card, but it is gorgeous as your journal cover, too. Love your work.

rachel said...

stunning work Shilpa - absolutely love this - so very pretty xx

sarascloset said...

Very pretty, Shilpa! Pink is really starting to grow on me! I especially love the vintage looking background! Hugs!

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

A very feminine journal cover, loving the layers. X