Sunday 13 May 2018

"Believe in yourself" tag by Angie Coomber

Hi, Angie here with a tag for this month's Background Challenge.

First of all I coloured my tag with Distress Oxides (Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron, Seedless Preserves, Peacock Feathers). I swiped some ink on my craft mat, spritzed with water and then mopped up the ink with the tag. I did this a number of times until I had the colours I wanted, drying in between applications. I also added some additional colour with a blending tool at the end to intensify the colours. (Please excuse the bad photos - I was working in the garden and hadn't realised that they weren't great until it was too late to take more!)



Next I added some stencilling with The Artistic Stamper Stencils (using the same colours).




I also added some background stamping, again using the same colours, and a focal image (a Paperartsy Stamp by Tracy Scott) with black ink which I coloured  in with Neocolours II and a water brush.


Lastly, no project is complete for me without some white doodling and a quote, so I picked a fitting one from my quote collection.

I really hope you like it!

3 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

wonderful colours, love it!

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Lush!!

sarascloset said...

Beautiful and a fun design!