Thursday 10 May 2018

Backgrounds with Lisa - the mini version....

Hello folks! Lisa here and welcome to My post for The Artistic Stamper. This month's theme is 'backgrounds'.

The Artist Stamper have a fantastic collection of stamps which can be used for backgrounds. 
I love making my own backgrounds - starting with a white piece of card and adding colours, textures and layers to create a background. 

And this is what I did for this creation...




I started with a white piece of card - size 7" x 7" and coloured the white card with a selection of blues and purples Distress Ink.
I then added a couple of squirts of water and let the water run down the card. 

I used The Artistic Stamper Mini Backgrounds A6 stamp set, Mini Backgrounds A6 #1 and Mini Backgrounds A6 #2 by Neil Walker
(These stamps do all come as individual A5 stamps. But with the Mini Background set, there are 4 stamps in the set which I find gives me much more variety as I can never make up my mind which is my favourite...)

I used stamps from all three sets and stamped using the same Distress Inks, layering and overstamping the patterns.
I then stamped the butterfly from the Insects and Butterflies A5 stamp set on to the background with black ink. I then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
To finish I added a sentiment sticker.










Thanks for popping by the blog today.
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx 

Here is everything I used...


Mini Backgrounds #1  size A6 (cut out and mounted on cling cushioning)       Mini Backgrounds # 2 size A6  ( cut and  mounted on cling cushioning )       Mini Backgrounds size A6  © Neil Walker (cut out and mounted on cling cushioning)   Insects and Butterflies 1 A5  (cut out and mounted on cling cushioning)      


2 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful background!

sarascloset said...

Beautiful inking!